Marketplace

Explore our solutions marketplace

Discover innovation with our solution finder

How does it work?

Learn more about how Axora can help you

Knowledge

Explore our knowledge

Read our expert insights, reports, watch webinars

Community

Explore our community

Share knowledge in our expert community

Join us

Connect, collaborate and chat

About us

Learn more about Axora

Find out more about Axora and our team

Offshore Oil Production

While the majority of oil production takes place onshore, not all hydrocarbons are accessible on land or in shallow waters. To keep up with rising demand, reduce oil-related costs for consumers, and contribute to economic success, operations must turn to the ocean floor.

Offshore oil production takes place on oil rig platforms that operate from depths of 500 to 3,500 feet. The process involves extracting petroleum from underwater reserves by drilling a series of production wells into the seabed.

Key fact: It’s estimated that by 2025, 28% of global crude oil production will be produced offshore, with the remaining 72% produced onshore

Offshore drill rigs are a harsh environment where workers must face volatile weather conditions, hazardous machinery, and extreme heights. All of these factors pose significant health and safety risks, which is why the petroleum industry has begun embracing remote operations centres (ROCs).

ROCs remove workers from hazardous environments by allowing managers to monitor the oil rig platform remotely. Alongside automation, this means offshore sites can continue operating at full efficiency without the need for an in situ workforce.

Benefits

  • Provides energy resources

  • Supports the economy

  • Reduces costs to consumers

Explore solutions for Offshore Oil Production

Unlock transformation

What industry-specific challenges are you facing right now? Talk to us so we can find proven solution to help you.

I want to learn more

Visit our knowledge hub

I want to explore solutions

Visit our solutions catalogue

2022 Globee Award Winner

A bronze award in the 'Startup of the Year: Business Services' category